Friday, July 07, 2006

Late Night Snack

At VVG, we are all friends. The first night of work I worked an Intel event at Champagne 3. Afterwards, me, squid (a really pretty and smart girl who happened to have a word in her name that sounds like fish), wendi (a boy), little an (also a boy), ing tse (the smallest and loudest boys ever), and ze shiang went to Tea Street for an after work meal. They are definitely 4th-mealers, always going out after work.I had "spicy Japanese-style tempura shrimp" (as the menu so lovingly put it). It was basically regular fried shrimp with spicy sauce on top, served with a vat of eggplant. I hate eggplant. The shrimp wasn't bad.

I guess that's what you get when you go to a random restaurant on Tea Street in Taipei.
Shabu shabu? I didn't eat it so I don't know. Despite the record temperature highs this summer in Taipei (reaching 37.4*C), people here love hot pot-like meals.

Tea Street is a street full of stores that sell all sorts of tea, but not the teapot kind. Green tea, black tea, milk tea, almond milk tea, boba tea, almond milk tea with boba, almond milk tea with flan, green tea with fairy grass (shien tsao), you name it, they make it. It is near Dunhua street and Zhong Xiao Road West.

No comments: