Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Exotic Fruit Therapy

What do I do when I've had the worst day ever?!? EXOTIC FRUIT THERAPY!!! Thanks to a tip from my mom, I took advantage of 2/$5 papayas at the local Harris Teeter. What can make me happier than a papaya milkshake? Nothing. Papayas can make you forget all your worries and woes.
At the instant when your knife slices through to the inner chamber of the papaya, the colorful fruit lets out this whisper of an exhale, as if telling you the secret to its glossy black pearls.

In my Asian film class, kids tried to equate the experience of touching papaya seeds to something sexual when we were analyzing The Scent of Green Papaya. I think it's definitely something of a sensual phenomenon, exciting, exhilarating, but maybe not bordering on sexual. Look at the gorgeous color! That's the tip of the papaya.

A lot of chopping and peeling later, PAPAYA MILKSHAKE!

No comments: