Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Passionate About Brunch

I can't say that I'm very passionate about anything but food, but considering I haven't been eating much lately, the only thing I'm passionate about is brunch.

My Brunch Manifesto:
-Brunch is something that you do in the city where you live, as opposed to something you do while traveling (though not mutually exclusive).
-Brunch should be consumed at a place where you're comfortable enough to show up with greasy hair from Saturday's partying.
-Brunch should always take more than an hour(preferably more than 2 hours), and breakfast dessert is always encouraged. For the more sophisticated and hardened alcoholics, depending on how trashed you were the night before, brunch sometimes includes a mimosa (not trashed at all) or a bloody mary (very trashed indeed).

Liev Schreiber (Kate and Leopold) and Naomi Watts (King Kong, Mulholland Dr.) enjoy my favorite brunch spot in Soho, Cafe Habana
via Popsugar

Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz (no longer an item) like their brunch from Cafe Habana too:
(Note: The corn on the cob you see under the shock of curly blond hair is one of Cafe Habana's specialties.)
via A Socialite's Life

My brunch-mates, a different set of J and Cameron, waiting beside the characteristic metal siding. (There's always a wait at Cafe Habana, but the food is worth the wait.)

Huevos Rancheros from Cafe Habana:

No comments: