Sunday, November 05, 2006

My First Pizza

Due to an abundance of arugula pesto (see other post), I decided the only way to use a ton of it at one time was to make a pizza with pesto sauce.
I did what I usually do when I make things I've never made before (every time I cook), and looked up ingredients online. Since we don't have any yeast, I had to go with yeast-free dough, making the dough a bit tough. Kneading dough is so much fun! I think I had too much fun and produced too much gluten in the dough to add to the toughness. At one point, I was tossing the dough with one hand and talking to Fish online with the other.
It isn't bad if you bake it so that it's like a crispy thin-crust, which was what I was going for in the first place. Also, I mixed in a bit of dried oregano into the dough. It made for a very fragrant bake.

Toppings:
Sliced Roma Tomatoes
Corn
Fresh basil leaves
Slices of chili pepper
cheddar, mozzarella, and Maasdam cheese

The final result wasn't too bad:

Unless it's pepperoni or anchovies, I really think you should put toppings underneath the cheese. The tomatoes were my favorite part.

No comments: